After initially asking providers who received a distribution from the Health and Human Services Provider Relief Fund (PRF) to report on the use of those funds by Feb. 15, HHS is now allowing recipients more time to report due to the ongoing Public Health Emergency (PHE) and changes brought about by the latest COVID relief package.
PRF recipients who received one or more payments exceeding $10,000 in the aggregate will be required to report on several required data elements as part of the post-payment reporting process and are now being asked to register for an account.
The data elements required for registration include:
- Tax ID Number (TIN) (or other number submitted during the application process (e.g., Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number (EIN))
- Business name (as it appears on a W-9) of the reporting entity
- Contact information (name, phone number, email) of the person responsible for submitting the report
- Address (street, city, state, five digit zip code) of the reporting entity as it appears on a W-9)
- TIN(s) of subsidiaries (if a provider is reporting on behalf of subsidiary(ies) – in a list delimited by commas, e.g.,123456789,987654321,135791357)
- Payment information (for any of the payments received)
- TIN of entity that received the payment
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment (check or direct deposit ACH)
- Check number or ACH settlement date
You will also need to create a username (in the form of an email) and a password during the registration process.
Currently, there is no deadline for completing registration in the portal. Recipients will later receive a notification about when they should complete the second step of submitting reporting requirements information on the use of funds. HRSA will send a broadcast email to the email address you provide during the registration process.
These reporting requirements do not apply to recipients of funds from:
- Nursing Home Infection Control distribution. If you received payment from the Nursing Home Infection Control distribution, you should still register in the PRF Reporting Portal.
- Rural Health Clinic Testing distribution. If your only PRF payment was the Rural Health Clinic Testing Distribution, you should not register in the PRF Reporting Portal. For information about the Rural Health Clinic Testing reporting requirements, contact RHCCOVID-19Testing@hrsa.gov and learn more at the Rural Health Clinic Testing website.
- HRSA’s COVID-19 Claims Reimbursement to Health Care Providers and Facilities for Testing, Treatment, and Vaccine Administration for the Uninsured Program.
Feel free to reach out to us directly if you have questions about registering or about future PRF distributions.