Essentials for 2015 in Coding, Billing, and Collections for Clinical Labs and Pathology Groups
Thursday, December 4, 2014—Save the Date!
Are you prepared for the onslaught of coding, billing, and collection changes coming in 2015 relative to how Clinical Labs and Pathology Groups bill Medicare and private health insurers? Every lab that wants to do better at filing clean claims and getting faster payment must be prepared for these changes!
“It will be a high-stakes game in 2015 because both government and private payers are stacking the deck against clinical labs and pathology groups,” says Robert L. Michel, Editor-in-Chief of The Dark Report. “Across the nation, Medicare carriers and private health insurers are implementing myriad changes in coverage guidelines and reimbursement for both clinical lab tests and anatomic pathology services, in an effort to reduce their costs.
“There will be so many of these changes in how labs must code, bill, and collect during 2015 that, in a sense, the lab testing industry faces ‘financial death by a thousand cuts,’” continued Michel. “This makes it imperative that every lab’s billing and collections manager stay informed and be prepared for these changes.”
The good news: There’s still time to gear up for these changes! Get quickly up to speed on the specifics, and what you need to do to ensure fair and accurate payment in 2015 by taking advantage of this timely webinar, entitled “Essentials for 2015 in Coding, Billing, and Collections for Clinical Labs and Pathology Groups” on Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM EST.
Vice President of Commercialization Strategies, Consulting & Industry Affairs
President and Chief Operating Officer
APS Medical Billing
From the clinical lab side, we will tap the expertise of Rina Wolf from XIFIN. Rina is a nationally recognized expert in the field of laboratory reimbursement, and XIFIN is one of the nation’s largest companies providing revenue management and billing/collection services to labs.
For anatomic pathology practices, we’ll draw on the insights of Tom Scheanwald from APS Medical Billing, and Michelle Miller with Vachette Pathology, with decades of combined experience in compliant coding and effective billing for the pathology lab industry.
This panel of experts will present the essential changes coming in the clinical lab and anatomic pathology billing/coding/collection arena for 2015. They will discuss coming changes in Medicare, including the new final rules for the 2015 Medicare Physician fee update just published, as well as what is happening with private health insurers, ranging from UnitedHealthcare and Humana, to Blue Cross and Cigna, to name just a few.
What better or more timely forum for you to prepare your lab leadership and your billing/collection managers with the absolute most up-to-date information about how the Medicare program and private health insurers will change policies in 2015 policies that will make it even tougher for labs to submit claims and be paid on a timely basis.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn during this
information-packed 90-minute webinar:
- Learn which Medicare program changes are likely to have the biggest impact on your Medicare billing and collections during 2015
- Understand the different ways that Medicare carriers will want your lab to submit claims during 2015, and how to best meet those requirements to ensure full and timely payment to your lab
- Know the specific new coding and billing requirements that will change at the nation’s largest health insurance companies during 2015
- Benefits of training your lab’s coding/billing/collections team in advance of January 1, 2015, to handle lab test claims in ways that meet the new Medicare and private payer requirements
- Discover overlooked secrets to generate a higher proportion of clean claims that payers reimburse at first submission
- How to reduce the average number of days that your lab’s claims go unpaid because your lab billing team is prepared for the changing requirements that take effect in 2015
- Gain insights into more requirements for lab test bundling by Medicare’s hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS)
- Hear about specific changes in how payment for drug testing and pain management services will be handled during 2015
- Plus a live Q&A session to provide answers to your most pressing questions, and much more
THE DARK REPORT WEBINAR AT A GLANCE
DATE: Thursday, December 4, 2014
TIME: 1 PM EST; 12 Noon CST; 11 AM MST; 10 AM PST
PLACE: Your computer and/or speakerphone
COST: $195 per dial-in site (unlimited attendance per site) through 11/28/14, $245 thereafter